Wow what a wonderful Sunday we are having, definitely the first day of spring. I have managed to get out this morning early as an early thing and was only going for a quick 4 mile loop which ended up being 7 as it was so nice. What a difference it makes when the sun makes an appearance. To feel the sun on your face and head is just wonderful even though it isn't very strong.
Today's walk was without incident however I have taken the following pictures, there was one guy who followed me all the way round but he didn't say much, we walked at the same pace sometimes he was a huge figure growing to almost 8 feet tall, he was sometimes trying to get ahead of me at the start of the walk but by the time we were heading North again and homeward bound he was lagging behind!!! I have seen this guy before but not for ages and ages its certainly the first time I have seen him this year.
Below is one of my favourite views on the island, this picture doesn't do it much justice but it is my Iphone!
Yesterday I went out for a short run of 2 miles, a totally different kettle of fish from walking, obviously using different muscles and is more tiresome to be honest. I am looking at doing a lot more running this year to build up stamina and strength which I am hoping will speed my pace up a little. It was tough even going for such a small run, I haven't been out running for ages so I suppose I have to start somewhere.
So the week has ended on a real high with 16 miles covered and great weather but like I said in my last post the coming week and next weekend I feel that not many miles will be covered.
I have decided that I shall get back to a more structured and constructive blog writing with some hints tips and advice that has allowed me to finish the Parish. This will cover a variety of subjects such as clothing, food, drink, trainers and training advice. That is not to say that I have all the answers or that I am a professional because what works for me may not work for others. I am not always right and I am open to others giving me advice or helpful tips. All I can say is that last year my brother and I got everything right from training, clothing and preparation down to food, drink and even music.
Speaking of music I shall leave you with one of my favourite tunes at the moment, its not a new one but is a great tune non the less - Black Eyed Peas (Pump It). It also reminds me of one of my all time Fav films and it is easily within my top 10 films - Pulp Fiction.
Enjoy your week training and if you haven't started its only 124 days till the start, it is plenty of time but it will soon come round, so get your entries in and get out on the streets.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.
KRO..........
I think I know where that photo is (along the Parish walk, North of Jurby, a bit South of Blue Point, and on the left of the photo is the turn off to some holiday cottages) but don't know the name of it.
ReplyDeleteJames correct, its the bottom of the Lhen! second in to a tweet by Ian!
ReplyDelete