Sunday, 30 December 2012

Glad its not Christmas every day!

Well that's that over for another year!

Although I do love Christmas, the turkey, good wine, chocolates, junk food and the total lack of exercise has taken its toll on me and now I need to get started.  New Year is nearly upon us, all the Christmas decorations were taken down yesterday in our house and back to normality.  With a notch down on my trousers I definitely have my Christmas trousers on!!!!
I'm actually working New Year this year and the days surrounding it so will not be tempted for one last blow out!!  Last year when I started my Parish Training it was 2nd January, this years training should have already started at least 1 month ago but all my good intentions disappeared into the bottom of a wine bottle!!!!
So if I start tomorrow / New Years Eve (Monday 31st) I will have started 2 days earlier than last year!

Father Christmas was good to me this year with lots of nice smellies (aftershaves), DVDs (two of which I actually brought my wife as well!) and a £25 voucher for Up and Running from my brother and my sister in law.  That will definitely be put to good use towards Parish Walk 2013!

The next time I post I will hopefully have my Mojo back, full of enthusiasm and committed to total training, although I am not going to do too much at the start like I did last year but will still be aiming for a minimum of 30 miles a week.

It just leaves me to wish you all a happy safe and prosperous New Year and those of you who are reading this and heading towards competing and completing the Parish 2013 Good Luck with the training.

2 comments:

  1. While you're looking for your mojo, can you see if mine's there anywhere. Struggling from a massive CBA attitude at the minute!!!! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Ed!!!!! I'm blaming the weather to be honest as well as the mince pies and red wine. Everytime I have good intentions I look outside and its either windy, raining, windy & raining and around -1 chill factor. Get back on the trail ED!!!!!! :) (there's my inspiration to you!)

    ReplyDelete